Friday 23 May 2014

Edinburgh Bucket List

My final blog post is in the works but I'd like to document a little of what I've been up to in the last few weeks. I finished exams on the 9th of May and I'm fairly confident that I passed them all! After my flatmates finished we made a bucket list of all the things we wanted to do before we left. I'll highlight some of them here. 

Amelia, Erin and I took the bus to the beach at Portobello, had hot dogs, wandered around the town and wrote in the sand. 




We went out on George Street to where the fancier clubs are.



Amelia, Erin and I went to the BBC Young Musician 2014 finals at Usher Hall. The show was televised and you can JUST about see us sitting three rows from the front! All three musicians (age 15, 15 and 17) were incredible. I especially liked the percussionist who used different objects like a wheelbarrow and bottle for the improvised section of his performance. 

We went to the Botanical Garden.






We went for lunch at Cafe Grande, cooked breakfast at a greasy spoon and tea and cake. We made cupcakes, mini sandwiches, strawberries, mango, crisps and cake and had a picnic in the Meadows. 




Amelia and I went to the beer garden at the Peartree and saw Passenger busking outside St. Giles' Cathedral. 




We went to the pub quiz at the Golf Tavern and Debra and I walked around George Street Gardens. 

Shannon and I explored Stockbridge, went to the market and walked all the way to Fettes College. 




We went to Papilio for Shannon's goodbye dinner and had drinks in the Meadows. We also went to the last ever Animal Hospital at Studio 24 and took photos in telephone boxes. 

The next post will be my last, summing up the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment